Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

STAY-cation Day 2

CENTRAL PARK - on a weekday!
I can almost forgive Due for sleeping IN THE BED WITH MOM... - I don't remember the last time we got to enjoy weekday romp in Central Park!

First stop - Central Park Zoo. We have to remain leashed up for the stroll through the zoo. For some reason, Mom wanted to stop at the sea lions (or are they seals?). It was a calm sunny morning so they were sunning themselves. As you can see, Due and I wanted nothing to do with this.

This is what we were looking for....freedom and rock climbing!

Tails up - full speed ahead! You all know Due is charging right at me in this pic -
he likes to dive bomb smack dab into me!

No coffee. No BACON. Mom was a little nervous having both of us off leash with the roads open to traffic. On weekends - the roads in Central Park are closed to cars - on weekdays - lots of cabs and town cars - and everyone is in a hurry. We were happy with a little play and a long stroll.
Spring is coming....

I could get use to this STAY-cation life style.
Long walks in the morning, followed by naptime for dogs, painting and etsy-time for Mom,
then we have time to blog - and best of all
that's followed by time to bake and cook.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
I think Mom forgot about cleaning out the closets!

5 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! What a great day you had ... seems that all the snow melted and SUNSHINE ... it is a sure sign of SPRING. STAY-cation Lifestyle ... LOVE that. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

♥I am Holly♥ said...

It looks like a wonderful day!!! Rock climbing!!! Holly loves to climb on rocks too!! Tell your mom to forget about the closets...they can wait. Being outside is much more fun when it's nice. Love, Debbie and Hollydog

Emma Rose said...

Sounds like a wonderful time to me. I agree, the closets can wait :)

Kisses,
Emma Rose

1000 Goldens said...

Ohhhhh...I dream of walking down that bench lined walk!

Ben said...

Hip Hip Hooray - Central Park and no closet cleanin'. Closet cleanin' is for ice storm days not sunny park days.
Waitin' to see what delights you baked today -