Followers

Monday, August 23, 2010

CONE-Bed

I refuse to let this cone thing get in the way of my relaxing! Although it takes up half the bed - I can still make it fit!

I had my first post-surgery followup visit this morning. There's good news and bad news.
The good being that I am healing well. The bad - stitches (and cone) must stay in place for 3- AND A HALF WEEKS. I thought it was 3. Mom was hoping for 2 - but the truth is 3-1/2 it is.

The best news - the vet gave me permission to go swimming over Labor Day weekend! Mom just has to dry my ears well (and flush them out of course) - and put the cone back on - but I still get to go swimming. I'm hearing rumors of Cape Cod - or a country Lake House. Either way - paddle up boys - I'm going swimming!

8 comments:

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

That's the spirit. Go on vacation and enjoy no matter what. I'm glad you're healing and sorry you're stuck in that cone for so long, but it'll be over...eventually.

lotsa licks, Lola

Pigtown*Design said...

maybe the cone will help abbey stay afloat. she could be a bouy!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That sounds good to know you get to go on vacation and swim!! The time in the cone will be over before you know it. For now, it looks like you are making the best of the situation in your bed! Lots of love, Holly and mom

♥ Sallie said...

Poor doggies with cones. Between you and the OP Pack I feel terrible!

JacksDad said...

Has your mom looked at the other kind of 'cone collars'? There are a bunch of different kinds that are available.

Ben said...

Swim baby Swim!!!
life without water isn't worth livin'.
Happy pre-holidays to you and yours
Ben and the fellas

bichonpawz said...

Good News that you still get to go on vacation AND swimming is involved!! Sorry about the cone though...but you need to get your ears better!! xoxoxo Chloe and LadyBug

1000 Goldens said...

Excellent maneuvering Abbey, I am impressed you got perfectly positioned - it is so difficult!