Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CONE-FREE

As free as the wind blows....as free as the grass grows...CONE FREE

Forgive me Jimmy Webb (and congrats to those of you who get that very OLD reference).

No - I'm not really FREE - it was just a momentary break from the imprisonment of the dreaded CONE.

When we WALKED home (14 blocks!) from the vets on Monday after my checkup - we did so in a downpour. We're city girls. We walk rain or shine. Although Mom dried me off (love a good rubdown) when we got home - she didn't take the cone off. Hours later as I was pouting (monster pout at that) - Mom discovered my neck was still soaked. (OK - sometimes - Mom is a little blonder than others).

To make amends - she took the CONE off - and gave me another good rubdown around the neck. But she insisted on sitting with me on the floor and tried to distract me with a belly rub. I had no problem with that. Unfortunately - I started to itch - and before I knew it the CONE was back on.

The good news is - Mom has figured out that we can have an hour "CONE-Free Belly Rub, Combing" session every night after dinner.

Life is all about the compromises. I let Mom take the CONE off - give me extra treats, rubs etc. In return she gets to feel (a little) less guilty.

10 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

awwwww!

it looked like rain all day, but it never came.

Lola said...

Ok, that's progress and a cone-free hour is better than no cone-free hour. I hope it won't be too much longer before you're really and truly free. Of the cone, I mean.

lotsa licks, Lola

JackDaddy said...

The cone-free belly rub sounds like a very good compromise!! I hope your itches stop soon!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Wonderful news!! Anytime cone free is a good time!

bichonpawz said...

Cone free is good...if only for an hour. Hope progress is made soon!! Belly Rubs ROCK! xoxoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! I am glad that you have a"DEAL" with your mom. I say that it's a great an hour deal. Take it n Enjoy every minute of it. Continuing to send my Golden Healing Thoughts. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

annie said...

My Momma gets the reference (she's OLD); besides, we live in the very "free" (north)west.
A belly-rub-for-a-cone is a great trade. I'd lobby for an morning rub as well; "coffee black, with rub, no-cone" is how we'd order it in Starbucks-land.
Hang in there...you get to go swimmin' at the Cape this weekend!
~RileyRex

Sierra Rose said...

Oh my! The cone free hour sounds fantastic! Heal fast my friend :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

the booker man said...

miss abbey,
i'm glad you and your mama could work out some cone-free time! belly rubs and brushins sound like a good exchange for keepin' the cone off for a bit!!
*woof*
the booker man

ben said...

The rain was a good thing - cone free time.
Hang in there not THAT many days left.
Ben and the fellas