Followers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HIDE ME!!!!!

Mom and I went for a quick spin tonight and right there on First Avenue - IN FRONT OF EVERYONE....2 Greyhounds ATTACKED ME. Now I hate to judge - maybe they were having a difficult day....but they got away from their owner and one went for my head - one for my tail. Needless to say, Mom got a little freaked out - people were yelling (at the offending Greyhounds of course)....I was a momentary Greyhound Chew Toy. Mom protected me - she tried to shield me from the attacking hounds - momentarily forgetting that they could turn her into a chew toy as well. She finally was able to get me out of there. I hurried home pausing at the various doormen along the way for a comforting hug. I made a mad dash from the elevator to our front door where once safely inside I promptly took up position between the ottoman and the sofa where I plan to remain for the rest of the evening.

Here's a little something to remember - if you ever find yourself in a similar situation - apparently its good for unlimited biscuits and full body rubs! Yes - that's right - I'm working it for every last crumb!

13 comments:

Subi's Mom said...

Poor baby! Sending virtual hugs and kisses from Texas. Next time, Mom should carry a big stick just in case. Big sticks come in handy for lots of things -- not just chewin'.

central bark designs said...

My favorite doorman, Mike, informed me I'm now a true New Yorker...I've been (dog) mugged!

Ben said...

Abbey-
I think an extra plate of Bacon is just what you need to lift your spirits after a mugging.

Ben

PS Share the bacon with your mom.She was very brave to shield you.

Emma Rose said...

You poor baby! My Duchess carries a stick somtimes when we are walking in the woods or campgrounds. She calls it her "whompin' stick" but thankfully she has never had to use it!

Sierra Rose said...

Oh no!!!! Not good. Really bad owner of the greyhounds. My mom is a bit freaked out too from reading this. Her golden, Honey was attacked pretty badly, it is shook mom to the core!
So glad you are ok. I think mom might take Emma Rose's mom's stick idea. Yelling at the offending doggers always seems to roust them more!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose and her mom

Audrey the Photographer Dog said...

Scary! Glad you are ok and got some extra love and yummies!

central bark designs said...

Thanks to everyone for their concerns! I made Mom hang with me a little longer this morning before heading into work. I'm getting a little extra cuddle time and that makes us both feel better.

Now if the rain will hold off ... I think I can shake this off with one really good romp in Central Park!

Scout and Freyja said...

Oh, sweetheart, we are sending cuddles to you all the way from Michigan. We hope that your momma got a couple of names and phone numbers. Those galoots need to be reported if they do that to some other dog or to you...again.

We are sure that you got extra hugs and kisses from your momma but we are sending some more.

PEE ESS: Tell your momma to get some pepper spray for just an occasion like there was today.

MAGGIE MARIE said...

Hi Abbey,
Hope your doing fine, wish I was there to give you a hug or two. Seen you soon.

MAGGIE MARIE said...

Abbey
Glad you're okay. Looks like you met up with some bad dudes. I wish I was there, maybe we could have kick some butt. But then again, I am a lover not a fighter, so I probably would not have been much help. Anyway, hang in there girl, tomorrow will be a better day.

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Oh, poor baby! I've never pictured greyhounds as being an "attacking" sort of breed--they always seem so docile. I hope the owner was apologetic!

Farley's Mom said...

Abbey, this breaks my heart! We love you, and send you hugs. You hide behind the ottoman as long as you need to. Take care sweetie!

Pigtown*Design said...

WOW! I am so sorry. We've been attacked three times, twice by off leash dogs whose owners SWEAR that their dog is always good and comes when called. I think not!

Although I know Connor would love it, I never go to off-leash parks. Things can get out of hand too quickly.

Speedy recovery from your traumas!