Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Neighborhood Hangout - For Dogs

I’ll let you in on a secret, there are some who think of New York as this immense city of over 8,000,000 (that’s 8 million !!! ) people. Those of us who call it home, know that it is really just a collection of intimate neighborhoods. Each like it’s own small town with a flavor, feel, even a favorite pizza place or two of its own. For over 50 of these neighborhoods, they also have their own DOG PARK. This is mine...


Peter Detmold Park – Animals Run Free is the perfect little park tucked between Beekman Place and the FDR on the East Side of Manhattan. There’s a promenade off the 49th Street entrance. Mom likes the gardens as they change throughout the year. The daffodils, then the tulips, followed by the roses. As you approach the north end of the park – there you see it ....
A doubled-gated DOG RUN just for me and my friends. Lots of shade and benches for our people to sit and visit while we run around and play. Due and I try to meet up most mornings to get in a quick romp before breakfast. Sometimes he sleeps in, or has other plans so I just hang out by the benches – there’s always someone willing to pet me!

I’d stay here all day but it’s time for me to have breakfast – and to send Mom off to the office.

Check back tomorrow - I want to introduce you to my buddies from the dog run...

Copyright 2009, Central Bark Designs, Inc. All Rights Reserved

No comments: